While these Bourbon & Pepper Jelly Glazed Meatballs are perfect for holiday parties, they are also great to serve for any potluck or tailgate - your guests won't be disappointed! A couple of pounds of ground beef and a few additional ingredients make easy meatballs. The sweet, delicious glaze pairs perfectly with the savory beef.
2 lbs ground beef
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
10 oz jar of red pepper jelly
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp bourbon, divided
1.5 tsp Worcestershire
1 tbsp molasses (may sub brown sugar if needed)
1/4 cup water
Pinch of crushed red pepper for additional heat, optional
Parsley or green onion to garnish
1. Mix meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll mixture into 50 1-inch meatballs.
2. Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray. Working in batches, brown meatballs on all sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside and continue working until all meatballs are brown.
3. Mix glaze ingredients into the bottom of a large, heavy pan (such as a dutch oven).
4. Reserve 2 tbsp of bourbon for later. Add meatballs and gently toss with sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer meatballs about 15 minutes, until cooked through and glaze has reduced until thick and sticky. Stir occasionally, making sure glaze doesn't burn.
5. During last minute of cook time add the additional 2 tbsp of bourbon. Enjoy!